Ohlange Institute

John Langalibalele Dube founded the Zulu Christian Industrial School in 1901 in the Inanda district at Ohlange, which is very close to Gandhi’s Phoenix Settlement. It became known as the Ohlange Institute and Dube’s house and grave are located alongside it. The institute served as a polling station during South Africa’s first democratic elections in 1994, and it was there that Nelson Mandela cast his first-ever vote.