Centacow Mission

Centocow was founded in 1888, when Abbot Francis Pfanner purchased a small farm on the western bank of the Umzimkulu River, in the Creighton district. The Abbot named the new station after the famous Polish Shrine of our Lady of Czestochowa. The word was simplified into Centocow. A Polish princess gave Mariannhill a donation to buy land and with this money the mission was bought and developed.

 

Visit http://www.centocowmission.org.

 

From: